Dr. Tedesco and his team specialize in:
- BIOMECHANICS: We offer advanced gait analysis for adolescents, athletes, adults and geriatrics, and use Amfit digital foam casting technology for customized orthotics to correct stride and alignment, reduce pain, and improve mobility.
- NEUROPATHY: QUTENZA® is just one of the conservative therapies we utilize to bring pain relief and prevent permanent nerve damage.
- SPORTS MEDICINE: This is a major focus for us, as we handle many reconstructions, tendon tears & ruptures, sports and dance injuries, and more.
- URGENT CARE: We offer same-day appointments for urgent foot and ankle care when emergencies arise.
- ADVANCED THERAPIES: We offer Cutera Laser treatment for fungal nails, EPAT shockwave treatment to relieve pain and inflammation in a variety of conditions, and other advanced treatments.
- SURGERY: Our board-certified podiatric surgeons specialize in reconstructive surgery, bunion & hammertoe correction, minimally invasive procedures, and more.
- DIABETIC CARE: We do many diabetic foot evaluations, treat diabetic/at-risk calluses, and offer a full line of diabetic shoes.
- PEDIATRICS: Unlike some other practices, we have a great deal of experience (and a gentle touch) in pediatric podiatry and surgery.
- PATIENT EDUCATION: We believe in educating our patients to answer any concerns and questions they may have. Our goal is to empower them to make well-informed decisions on the health and care of their feet.
Brian D. Tedesco, DPM, FACFAS
Brian D. Tedesco, DPM, FACFAS is a board-certified podiatrist & surgeon and has been practicing for the past 22+ years.
Dr. Tedesco attended Merrimack College, and Harvard University for his undergraduate education, graduating in 1997 with a Bachelor of Science in Biology. Medical school followed at New York College Of Podiatric Medicine, where Dr. Tedesco earned a Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine in 2001. He then completed his postgraduate training in 2003 with a podiatric orthopedic and surgery residency at VA Boston Health Care System in Massachusetts where he served as Chief Surgical Resident.
Dr. Tedesco is board certified by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery, and is a Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. He is affiliated with several hospitals in Massachusetts as well as New Hampshire.
Carl Conui, DPM
Carl Conui, DPM is a seasoned podiatrist & surgeon who has been practicing for the past 27+ years. Dr. Conui has special interests in diabetic foot care, foot and ankle pain, onychomycosis, plantar fasciitis, Hallux Valgus and hammertoes.
Dr. Conui’s undergraduate studies at Northeastern University in Boston, MA culminated in a Bachelor of Science in Biology/Environmental Geology which he earned in 1992. He then continued on to pursue his medical career at Pennsylvania College of Podiatric Medicine (now known as Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine) in Philadelphia, PA, and graduated with a Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine in 1996. He completed a postgraduate residency at Catholic Medical Centers in Brooklyn and Queens New York, where he served as Primary Podiatric Medical Resident.
Dr. Conui is affiliated with several area hospitals including MelroseWakefield Hospital, Hallmark Health, and Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
Dorothy H. Kurtz Phelan, DPM, FACFAS
Dorothy H. Kurtz Phelan, DPM, FACFAS is a board-certified podiatrist & surgeon who has been practicing for the past 27+ years. Dr. Kurtz Phelan has special interests in neuromas, Achilles tendonitis, foot and ankle trauma, Hallux Valgus, hammertoes, and sports injuries.
Dr. Kurtz Phelan achieved her Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences from Fordham University in NY, and then attended Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine in Philadelphia, PA and graduated with a Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine in 1996. Her postgraduate training included a three-year surgical residency as (Botsford General) Beaumont Hospital in Farmington Hills, MI, and a AO/ASIF International Trauma Fellowship in Vienna, Austria in 1999.
Dr. Kurtz Phelan is board certified by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery, and is a Fellow with the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. She is licensed to practice in both Maine and Massachusetts. She is affiliated with several area hospitals including MelroseWakefield Hospital, Hallmark Health System, Lahey Clinic Hospital, and Beverly Hospital Corporation.
The doctor is fluent in both English and Hungarian.
Jordana Szpiro, DPM, FACFAS
Dr. Jordana Szpiro, DPM, FACFAS was raised in Southern California. She obtained her Bachelor of Science in Biology from the University of California at Irvine. After graduating, she went on to receive her Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine from the California College of Podiatric medicine. Dr. Szpiro then completed her residency at Weill Medical College of Cornell University in New York City. During her residency, she advanced her education in the surgical management of common foot disorders including bunions, bone spurs, neuromas, and heel spurs.
As an established Boston podiatrist, Dr. Szpiro is board certified in Foot Surgery and has been practicing for over 24 years. She is a Diplomate of the American Board of Podiatric Surgery and a Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. Dr. Szpiro is a frequent lecturer and has spoken at various events, such as the APMA Annual Scientific Meeting where she discussed the use of lasers in treating toenail fungus. She will soon be discussing Sports Medicine at one of Boston’s prominent athletic clubs. Dr. Szpiro is affiliated with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Hallmark Health, Mt. Auburn Hospital, Cambridge Health Alliance, Melrose Wakefield and Lawrence Memorial Hospital in Medford.
Dr. Szpiro has accumulated extensive clinical and surgical experience throughout her career and is knowledgeable in working with patients of all ages. Living an active lifestyle herself through ballet, running, squash and skiing/snowboarding, she is particularly sensitive to the toll that athletic activities can take on one’s feet. Dr. Szpiro hopes to take her experiences and apply what she’s learned to providing patients with comprehensive and quality care. She also sees children and pediatric patients.